ஊர் வம்பு
Dear Readers,

Welcome to Oor Vambu forum.

Please register yourself in this forum in order to post new messages or reply to messages.

But registration is not required for just reading the contents.

Thanks,
Admin
ஊர் வம்பு
Dear Readers,

Welcome to Oor Vambu forum.

Please register yourself in this forum in order to post new messages or reply to messages.

But registration is not required for just reading the contents.

Thanks,
Admin
ஊர் வம்பு
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ஊர் வம்பு

General, useful topics to discuss

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
bkar81
Admin
bkar81

A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) Empty
PostSubject: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Consider a scenario, where a husband, wife and a child are there
The parents were discussing something about a very rosy topic
Suddenly the child does something bad (might not be big)
So the mom gets angry and scolds the child
After that she started continuing her rosy rosy conversation with her husband

The questions that raises here are -

1. Is that mom acting funny?
  2. Is her anger towards that child is untrue?
  3. Is she acting towards the child as if she is angry?
  4. If she was really angry, how can she suddenly change her emotion to lovable emotion towards her husband?
  5. If the above said condition is true, can't we train our mind to act the same way when we get angry?
    Means, if we get angry/frustrated, can we spend few seconds to justify our anger?
  6. If so, can me make some difference in that?
  7. Or in a better way, can we control our anger?
Please post your thoughts...

Last edited by bkar81 on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://oorvambu.forumotion.com
Meera

Meera

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 12:41 am

When ever you are doing something interesting and if you are disturbed unnecessarily, then definetly you will get anger. But as and when you start doing that work again, you will be back to your cheerful mood... this is true.

But I don't know, whether we can control our anger or not, as it take place instantly.
Back to top Go down
gopi

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:02 am

"Bad mom. Bad dad. What could be more rosy than me?
Show me how to handle anger, I cant learn this from books. I will emulate you later in my life what you show me now.

If you cant change yourself for my sake, you will probably never be able to change anything for anyone's sake.

Dad, you are gifted, mom (still) loves you. Finish your conversation I'm gonna sleep now. Hope my pants stay dry."

- Kid
Back to top Go down
bkar81
Admin
bkar81

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:14 am

Gopi,

Awesome reply. As you have rightly mentioned, the children will learn the same from the parents.

But this is an example scenario I have mentioned. Don't literally go by the example.

Forget about Rosy and all. I wrote that word just to convey the state of mood the parents were at that time.

Lets take a common scenario where most of us would have come across.

People in a room are discussing something funny or just cracking jokes, and suddenly one of the members is shouting at his kid for doing something mischievous. After scolding, he is continuing his chat with the other guys. So in this case, is that anger a real one? How can he suddenly change his mood from anger to comedy... Is there a better way to handle that situation instead of scolding? Or is scolding the only way to tackle the situation.
Back to top Go down
gopi

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 4:46 am

I don't think it can be anger because anger usually lingers for long from a repeated incident in past. However, people are such good actors, especially in public, we could never make out the reality. They could be angry and yet be very outwardly calm looking.

Talking of self, I wouldn't think this is anger unless it keeps repeating and crosses the my threshold for tolerance. Moreover, there is no need to control anger.

Yes. I feel, it is better to direct the anger in ways that brings better results rather than curb it and waste an opportunity to self improvement. Easily said than done - true. But, I find myself doing better workouts when I am angry and prefer venting it out on inanimate iron objects.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
bkar81
Admin
bkar81

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 5:08 am

One way is to relax/meditate atleast for 15-30 minutes everyday, which will keep our mind undisturbed...
Listening to melodious music or even natural zen music will give the peacefulness to mind.

But will this give a solution? Certainly not to full extent but yes to some extent.

We will be trained to control our mind & thoughts due to the effect of meditation

A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) Medita10
Back to top Go down
MalaSripad

MalaSripad

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:50 pm

oh!! i am doing this to my child regularly. really confusing. thanks for sharing your mind. it'll definitely help me.
Back to top Go down
bkar81
Admin
bkar81

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Its not my mind Mala....

Its THE MIND... Our mind...
Back to top Go down
MalaSripad

MalaSripad

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 2:03 pm

yes i agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)   A beautiful mind... (Anger Management) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A beautiful mind... (Anger Management)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ஊர் வம்பு :: பொது / General :: General Topics-
Jump to: